Sarah (Part 3)






Continues from Part 2




Do you remember the feeling of getting the first note from your crush? Ecstatic, right? Add the feeling of the note saying “I’m sorry we can’t be together, now.” Sour, true?
You didn’t know whether to be happy about the note or sad that you couldn’t be together yet, somewhere in your mind still, a small voice is saying “Well, she cares about me. Well, he’s into me too”
That’s the feeling.
Right, Jireh just gave me the word for it.
Numb. Numb yet at peace.
My dearest Tayo,
How long did it take your sloppy fingers to find the note, eh?
I’m missing you already, my love
“I miss you more, honey” I whisper out loud. Shammah heard, smiled at me. Jireh was just beside me. She squeezed my hand. I squeezed back.
I wish I could stay longer and have children with you. Children
we’ll be proud of. My love, every night I sleep I see visions of
heaven and a feast awaiting me. I wish to stay, but I must go.
My love, don’t weep too long for me, please don’t.






How can’t I? How can’t I weep too long for her? My one and only soul mate, my heartbeat, my oxygen, I now live on borrowed time, borrowed life, and God’s grace.
Find a wife again.
Joshua stopped reading out the note at that point. Then for some reason they were smiling at me. What’s there to smile at? If the note wasn’t handwritten I would have thought it a prank by my kids. He cleared his throat and continued.
My love, there is no one person meant for anyone.
We only find a person and make them the only one.
“Give me the note Joshua. Let me read it myself” I had said. He chuckled and stretched out the note to me from where he sat. We were still clustered around Sarah’s things.



Find a wife again
My love, there is no one person meant for anyone.
We only find a person and make them the only one.
I dropped the note and went to sit in the sitting room. We’re there now, all of us in the sitting room no one saying anything.
“Goodbye my love, Godspeed.” Joshua breaks the silence, all eyes shoot towards him “That’s the last line” He says, smiling.
“Dad, maybe you should go into your room, go have some rest” Shammah says.
I smile at her, not saying anything, just sitting there.



Then all of a sudden, “I still love her” I’m shocked at my own voice.
“She wanted you to move on dad.” Caleb speaks for the first time. I eye him casually, he locks eyes with me “You know it is true dad. Is it difficult? Yes, but it’s still true.”
“Dad will need some time to take this in, I think” Shammah says.
“He has had 25 years, Shammy, 25 years” Joshua says, mostly looking at Shammah.
“It’s still not easy, Joshua. She’s the wife of his youth”
Joshua scoffs
“Praise the Lord?” Jireh says. It breaks our pattern, as we all share a smile and then say halleluyah.
“Dad can handle this. He’s not a boy, 46 already, right dad?” I nod at her smiling
“Pretty much right, Ji,” pretty much is my word, if you’ve noticed.
“Good” Jireh continues “Does dad need a wife?”
“No” I say
“Yes” She says. Her siblings laugh. “Yes dad needs a wife. Is it easy? No it’s not. But we trust you dad. And we’ll be here for you too”
I smile. They huddle up around me “We’ll be here for you” Shammah whispers in my ear. I smile.


Continues in Part 4

Written by: A. W. Supreme

Model: Jane. O.






 Click here to read  "PICTURE BOOK" and find out what's hidden







Would you like to stay connected and get quotes that will inspire and motivate you?
Follow our instagram page @JoyNgofaa'sblog



 People also read "THE TRUTH WITHHELD " Click here to read














To stay connected and get notifications on new posts, be a darling and subscribe. Don't forget to share also.. Big thanks.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The SeeExpiryDate campaign was launched today 1st June 2017

Scars (Part 2)

BANANA, PINEAPPLE, MILK AND HONEY SMOOTHIE.

INTERVIEW: "I got mature in mind at quite a young age"~Hillary Nwoziri

Tasting tear drops (part 2)

INTERVIEW: I have found the one~JustinMuzik

How to make cucumber paste

Diary Series; Miriam's Diary

Tasting tear drops (part 1)

More