Diary Series; Miriam's Diary





It's August 15th
I see a lady, she looks frail and sorrowful lying helplessly in a hospital bed. I could tell by her countenance that she is drenched in depression. I was prompted to go to her. I held her hand and said "Jesus loves you ma'am" she smiles at me; a warm and charming smile. I smile back. I give her a hug, then spend more time with her. We chat a little. I lead her to Christ and hand her a tract. She promises to read it. She has cancer on her left breast. She would recieve chemotherapy. 

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Miriam. I'm five. I'll be six 12 days from today. I have cancer too. My doctor says I have 8 days more to live. I pray I see my birthday. Peradventure I'll grow taller, or even bigger. They call me little Mira. I know I'm not just a little girl; I'm a big king right on the inside. I'm confined to the hospital bed. My pain has intensified. The wounds and sores have increased. Most times I'm so weak that I just want to continue in sleep. And when I'm asleep, the pain continues in my subconscious. 






Many days have past with my continous drifting in and out of sleep. I see grandpa in my dream. He looks all bright and happy. I give him a hug and he strokes my hair. 
I wake up, today is special; I feel more alive than ever. The pain is gone, my body looks as good as new. No wounds, no sores. 
It's my birthday. We're all in church. I see Dad and Mum. I see Grandma and Uncle Troy. I see the lady from the hospital. She is healthy now. I think her cancer died. I see more people. Mum is weeping in dad's arm. Everyone is sober. I'm floating in the air. I see my body. It's lying in a casket twice it's size. 
The Priest is making declarations. He says I am sleeping. I move over to mum. I try to touch her. 
"Mummy, please don't cry, the pain is gone, my flesh is healed. Mummy look, the sores are no more" 
my voice is echoing. She doesn't hear. I open my body to show her the wounds are truly gone. She doesn't seem to see me. I go to dad. I try to hug him. It's all air. I don't feel anything. No one can see me.  I become frightened. Then I hear a voice.  It's calling my name. 
"Miriam don't be afraid, I am with you " the voice says
"Come and receive your eternal reward"
I look, and see a bright light.  
I walk into the light. 



Written by: Joy Ngofaa

Hi Guys, I'm Joy and I'm glad you visited. If you liked this story, please do me a favour and leave a comment. Follow us on instagram and facebook for more.. Thanks to the moon and back 💓










Would you like to stay connected and get quotes that will inspire and motivate you?
Follow our instagram page @JoyNgofaablog










To stay connected and get notifications on new posts, be a darling and subscribe. Don't forget to share also.. Big thanks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice story

Popular posts from this blog

The SeeExpiryDate campaign was launched today 1st June 2017

BANANA, PINEAPPLE, MILK AND HONEY SMOOTHIE.

INTERVIEW: "I got mature in mind at quite a young age"~Hillary Nwoziri

Tasting tear drops (part 2)

Scars (Part 2)

INTERVIEW: I have found the one~JustinMuzik

How to make cucumber paste

Tasting tear drops (part 1)

How to extract aloe vera gel from the plant