Sarah (Part 4)




Continued from Part 3

You know what they say about how time flies. I’m 50. I’m sitting on the last row of this cottage church. It’s new in the area. It’s darkly lit, and it’s Christmas Eve, ironically I’m garbed in blacked: a big black coat over a black polo shirt with black pants and boots. It’s a readings and carols night.
I’m pretty much happy this evening. Too happy, genuinely happy, even when we sing the strange carol song: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. Have you heard it? It made me laugh. It’s a song you could rock to.
Tomorrow is full. I’ll be hosting the 30th Christmas Teens’ Get-together, since Sarah started it. They’d be about 500 of them in attendance. These kids, you want to meet them. It’s usually so much fun. I’m trying not to think of the expenses. It’s in its millions. Shammah is helping with a part of it though. I don’t want to bother the others.
Jireh is getting married, she told me. She’ll be coming for the Christmas celebration and Sarah’s remembrance, the last one, with him. It’s about time, no? Jireh is what, 27 already. She says the young man, 30, is in the military. It’s pretty much risky, no?
But such is life. And such is love.
I love Christmas, especially since Sarah, and after her, and after the kids grew up and left. It’s the only time I’m truly happy. My whole life revolved around them. It’s empty now, except during Christmas when I have these over 500 teenagers to have fun with and share some stories, and also have all my kids home for the celebrations. Did I tell you Joshua died? It’s pretty much sad. May God bless the soul of the departed and may his soul rest in perfect peace. He died in a shootout. I don’t know how he got involved. Bless her soul. Shammah led him to Christ just before he died. She led him in the ambulance. He died when they reached the hospital.
I have a surprise for the kids. I’m really happy. I’ll tell you.





The choir is singing my favorite carol song now:
Fall on your knees
Oh hear the angels’ voices
Oh night divine
Oh night when Christ was born
Oh night divine
Oh night, Oh night divine
The surprise.
I’m going to ask Sandra, Sarah’s best friend to marry me. Yes, I’m finally getting married again.
Sandra is 48. She is widowed now. Her husband died 2 years ago, from Cancer too. We got close from that, me trying to console her and be there for her. She’s pretty much unlike Sarah. I wonder how they were best friends.
She’s much less playful. She’s serious about life and very deep. She’s positive but she’s serious too. At 48 she still sets goals and read an average of 4hours every day.
O god! I sound like a high school boy who just fell in love again, don’t I?
Truth is, I don’t mind.





Sarah was pretty much right. There is no one person meant for anyone. We only find a person and make them the only one. I love Sandra, a lot. Not like I loved Sarah, but equally very special.
The kids are going to be so excited. And I forgot to mention, she has 4 kids.
An extra bonus for me.
They’re a lot special. The first one Dennis is 26 and married to a really pretty woman, they have a set of twins, Dami is the second one, 24, doing his PhD in the U.S, he’s on a scholarship, David is the third, 20, in his final year in school. And my special, Ada, she’s 16, still in secondary school. What more could a man ask for?
They’re praying now. I’m so happy. I lift up my hands.
Merry Christmas, really, Merry Christmas.

THE END



Story by: A. W. Supreme
If you enjoyed this story, please leave a feedback in the comment section.  Do you believe there is no one person meant for anyone?

Model: Jane O.





Would you like to stay connected and get quotes that will inspire and motivate you?
Click on the blue link to follow our instagram page @JoyNgofaablog

























To stay connected and get notifications on new posts, be a darling and subscribe. Don't forget to share also.. Big thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BANANA, PINEAPPLE, MILK AND HONEY SMOOTHIE.

Scars (Part 2)

The SeeExpiryDate campaign was launched today 1st June 2017

INTERVIEW: "I got mature in mind at quite a young age"~Hillary Nwoziri

Tasting tear drops (part 2)

How to make cucumber paste

INTERVIEW: I have found the one~JustinMuzik

Diary Series; Miriam's Diary

SCARS Part 1

Tasting tear drops (part 1)