Diary Series; Capture the moment




Tribute from the children. The moment we received news of your death, our world caved in, the seams of our hearts came undone, we died within. Sleep eluded us, we laid awake all night. If we could write a story about you, dear mother it would be the greatest story ever told since the beginning of mankind. Words are not enough to tell how much you meant to us. Your image still fills our heads.
I zoned out.
I thought of my own mum back at home, would I say these things too when she dies? And my dad? And my brothers? My only sister?


Another Story in the Diary Series; Miriam's Diary.  Click here to read.



I needed to walk but I just sat there listening to the drowned out voices of my friends as they sang a song to their mother. I remember all the times they made jokes on her, or complained bitterly about how tiring she was. She was the last thing they needed in their life. But, here, now, it’s different. And they’re not faking it. They really do need her. They do.
People don’t stay forever, I mused. Either death took them or they drift. But we can treasure this moment we have with them, so when they leave we can have happy memories of the times we spent with them. They won’t be here forever. We must find a way to love them a little more, hold them a little closer, laugh with them, a whole lot louder and more often. We should find a way to capture every moment and make it a masterpiece, one we’ll be happy and proud of.
The choir is singing Fading Away like the Stars of the Morning. The song seeps deep into my core as I peruse over the words. And I think, “What if I die today or tomorrow?” would I be missed or would it be a relief?



Stand a chance to become the next Miss Vogue Nigeria. Audition starting soon. Click here for more details




That moment, I made a commitment to be more loving to my family, my friends and even strangers. Relationship isn’t just an important part of our life, it’s everything. I want to make it count. I want to laugh more with my family. Talk more with my dad, even though he now lives with another woman in our other house. Help mum more, she’ll really need that now. Help my sister with her chores, and my brothers with their schoolwork. I want to be more committed to my friends, so that when I’m no longer here, so that when I’m gone whether by death or by distance and time spent apart, I’ll have memories, happy memories of those I really cared about, and they’ll have some of me too. Relationships count.

Written by: A. W. Supreme

Model: Joy N










Would you like to stay connected and get quotes that will inspire and motivate you?
Follow our instagram page @JoyNgofaa'sblog


































To stay connected and get notifications on new posts, be a darling and subscribe. Don't forget to share also.. Big thanks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make cucumber paste

Highlights from the first edition of Miss Vogue Nigeria

INTERVIEW: I have found the one~JustinMuzik

Unspoken

ARTIST PROMZY RELEASES NEW SINGLE