MISSING SCHOOL GIRL



I cry, I cry
but who does hear these tears?
the wind, oh the wind
I look up in despair.

This unending nightmare
is more than I can bear.
But all I do is stare,
but my heart makes a wish.

I look but I see not
I listen for that holy call
the part where I yell freedom at last
and goodbye to my hurting past.

Could my day have grown past?
Could my night have long last?
If it be the light of dawn
that I may perceive again.

With fading hopes and visions
my dreams they fizzle out.
With only little provision
this might just be my last.

I cry in the face of destiny
I stare in the face of hope.
Now left in teary lingers
how much more can I cope.

A virgin yet a mother
a maiden yet a widow.
My voice; it screams for help
My heart; it burns in tears.

Oh! how they cut my skin
My flesh is now for dogs.
Oh! how they eat me daily
just like a bowl of pods.

I cry, I cry
but who does hear these tears?
The wind; they mock me daily
the bird; they sing my doom.

The days; they just keep passing
and nights I spend in gloom.
I pray this all ends quickly
and then my heart will bloom
            
DEDICATED TO THE CHIBOK GIRLS.

Poem by: Joy Ngofaa
Models: Nimi Ngiangia
                 Joy Ngofaa

Email: joyngofaa@yahoo.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTERVIEW: "I got mature in mind at quite a young age"~Hillary Nwoziri

BANANA, PINEAPPLE, MILK AND HONEY SMOOTHIE.

Scars (Part 2)

The SeeExpiryDate campaign was launched today 1st June 2017

Tasting tear drops (part 2)

INTERVIEW: I have found the one~JustinMuzik

How to make cucumber paste

Tasting tear drops (part 1)

Diary Series; Miriam's Diary

Natural remedy for pimples