Missed Period


I still remember it like yesterday. It had been the first of January, last year. Our Reverend had been making the declarations, then he said "Someone here would miss her period before this month runs out"
As expected we 16 and 17 year olds were hiding smirks and giggling silently. "How can he even say that?" My bestie, Ajoke had whispered to me where we sat in the choir stand.
It was two days later Uncle Tobi, mum's younger brother had come to see us for the new year. He was a sailor or something like that, something having to do with working on the sea and he had that cute manliness that exudes from sea people.
He always wore his flip flops around the house, you could eat from off his body. He was that neat. I adore him. I still do.
"Nne" He'd usually call me, "serve my food in the sitting room please, I need to watch the match between Real Madrid and Chelsea." Or whatever clubs were the case. Football was the only thing he watched on TV.
It was good having a man figure in the house again. My sister, just a little younger than I am would play around him and laugh and tell jokes. He'd laugh with her and laugh at the jokes. I'd sit in a corner and watch him, laughing when I couldn't hold myself from doing so. Our eyes would meet occasionally, he'd smile a little, secret smile that seemed only for me. I imagined that was the way dad use to look at me before he died. It was a long time, I hardly remember the details, only that dad was a fine man, just like Uncle Tobi.
8th January, and everything had returned to normal, except Uncle Tobi. He wouldn't leave. "Tobi, I thought you said you'd leave today?" Mum said.
"It's late already. Tomorrow" Uncle Tobi said. Mum gave him the look she use to give us when she smelt something fishy.
"You've been saying tomorrow since three days now, Tobi. Is there something you're not telling me?" Mum had asked raising her brow. I watched them from the kitchen. Uncle Tobi's face lit up
"Sister!" He said in a sort of exclamation
"That's your business Tobi. Nneka get your bag let's leave. Where is Chioma? You girls shouldn't delay me"
The time was 6:45am. Mum keeps to time that early. She drops us off at school and then opens her boutique at 7:00am. She would be home late on that day though. It was the 8th, business was booming again.
Uncle Tobi had a lady over when we got back home. She left some minutes later after we arrived home. Uncle Tobi was too quite. I'm that observant.
7:00pm. Mum is not back yet, expect her at 11:00pm Chioma was asleep.
"Would you get me water, Nne?" Uncle Tobi had asked from his room. I was doing my chemistry assignment in the sitting room with the rechargeable lamp.
"Okay Sir, I'm coming" I answered, dropping my pen and heading for the kitchen where I filled a glass with water and headed for his room.
"No Nne. Not drinking water. I meant water to bath" I furrowed my brow. The shower was working.
"But there's water in the shower" I had said.
"Oh, is there?" He asked. Things had gone blurry from there. Me going to the bathroom to show him how to use a shower he had been using for over a week, his strong arms wrapping itself around me, his lips descending on mine like water falls. He took me in the bathroom, I only felt the slightest pain, the rest was pleasure. Pleasure beyond my 16 year old mind. He left the next day.
And, you guessed right
I missed my period. And then I had his baby.
Mum cried. I never told her Uncle Tobi was the father and he never came back. I said it was a boy across the street that raped me. He ran off afterwards. Silly lie, right?
I'll name him Tobi. Yes, the baby is male. And he's just a month and some days old. It's a new year. I wonder if he'll come today or tomorrow or some days from now.
Mum and Chioma went to church today, I had to make them go. Chioma won't tell me what the Reverend's declarations were. I'll wait till Ajoke visits.
The baby is crying.






From Sleek Revealtor: Thanks for reading this story till the end. If you liked it, share with someone who would too, and please do comment in the comment section.


Model: Nimi Ngiangia 










 


Would you like to stay connected and get quotes that will inspire and motivate you?
Follow our instagram page @JoyNgofaa'sblog










To stay connected and get notifications on new posts, be a darling and subscribe. Don't forget to share also.. Big thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTERVIEW: "I got mature in mind at quite a young age"~Hillary Nwoziri

BANANA, PINEAPPLE, MILK AND HONEY SMOOTHIE.

The SeeExpiryDate campaign was launched today 1st June 2017

Scars (Part 2)

Tasting tear drops (part 2)

INTERVIEW: I have found the one~JustinMuzik

Tasting tear drops (part 1)

How to make cucumber paste

Diary Series; Miriam's Diary

Natural remedy for pimples