Valentine Visitor

It was just another of any usual evenings for me even though it was valentine's day, until Max showed up at my door, in the most adorable way.   Sisi my roommate was out of town for her special Valentine treat planned by her boyfriend. Even though I had shared some of my Valentine fantasies with Max during some of our conversations, I had never expected him to play on it. I met Max about eight months ago,  at a friend's birthday party. I wasn't a party lover, but Lucy convinced me to attend with her usual line "you don't have a social life". So I attended the party more as an escape from the downward spiral my life was taking.  While everyone was dancing and drinking their lives out,  I remained seated in my seat with my head ducked in my phone.  That's when Max came alone. We got along quite well. We talked and talked and he made me laugh. We exchanged contacts and began to see each other more often. When he asked me to date him,  I accepted. Max had just finished his first degree in mechanical engineering and was hoping to get into aviation school. He was very ambitious and many times I felt lucky to have him.


It was our first valentine's day together. That evening,  we had dinner with candles and music that ended in a dance and story telling. Everything that night seemed like a dream to me, especially when Max's hands pulled me closer to his chest and his lips made way for my lips. He parted them with a great tenderness that melted my heart. I couldn't feel my heartbeat, neither could I feel his. Soon our clothes left our bodies, while he lay on me. It was my first time so I was afraid of his thrust even though I  anticipated it. His first thrust came with great pain, but that was soon gone. I felt trapped in a pleasant illusion I hoped won't end. I woke up the next morning to breakfast in bed. Max left in a hurry that morning saying he still had unfinished business. I wasn't quite sure what he meant by that, but all the same,  I couldn't stop him. Lucy my closest friend came in few minutes later,  asking me how I was holding up with the news of Max's death. I was perplexed. I wasn't well acquinted with Max's family members. But I once met Max's elder brother Jimmy who works in a brewery, when I visited Max on his birthday. Jimmy wasn't exactly an extrovert, but he was very friendly and quite receptive.  I had to confirm if Lucy's news was true so I dialed his number. The information that followed knocked me out for some hours. Turned out Max died in a motor accident on 12th February. He wasn't only just dead but already buried.

It's 14th February today and Max is almost three months old. I named him after his father, my valentine ghostly visitor.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTERVIEW: "I got mature in mind at quite a young age"~Hillary Nwoziri

BANANA, PINEAPPLE, MILK AND HONEY SMOOTHIE.

The SeeExpiryDate campaign was launched today 1st June 2017

Tasting tear drops (part 2)

Scars (Part 2)

How to make cucumber paste

What's Past

Diary Series; Miriam's Diary

INTERVIEW: I have found the one~JustinMuzik

My night time poem