Memoir of a Writer ( The concluding part )

Continues from the previous post. Click Here

God loves us all, equally.
So, I don't compare people.
I've held this notion
Right from my high school days.
I would rather say I respect people than compare them.
To me, comparison brings a flare of preference.
Inferiority and superiority come to play with this word.
I respect people; big, small, black or white.
But the degree to which I respect, depends on the individual.
It gives a clarity that two individuals have equal opportunity
 to earn my respect.
The world of comparison gives a false benchmark
that can be exceeded, if not in view.
This too is a mirage.



I also discovered that the difference between
poverty and wealth, is a thin line.
The difference between wealth and health is a thin line.
The difference between what is not and what is, is a thin line.
That thin line is faith.
Faith is a virtue that should never be misplaced.
It got a source; it starts and ends with God.
Having faith opens you up to two things.
First, the reality of who you are.
Second, the reality of your abilities.
In summary, I will say,
First, you believe in yourself,
then you believe in your dreams.
This eliminates inferiority complex.

Treating the poor with prejudice is a mirage.
Treating the sick with contempt is also a mirage.
That you are not known today,
doesn't mean you are a nobody.
That you are on a sick bed,
doesn't mean your life is over.
That you have no money in your pocket today,
does not mean you are poor.
You know, the period when an eagle has a rebirth,
is usually it's toughest season.
It is a season of isolation, pain and despair.
But most importantly, its a season of regeneration.
Don't let that circumstance get the best of you


You are who you think you are.
You are a winner.
You are an eagle.
So stand up and have faith in yourself.




Written by: Wereloo Lekpoan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The SeeExpiryDate campaign was launched today 1st June 2017

BANANA, PINEAPPLE, MILK AND HONEY SMOOTHIE.

INTERVIEW: "I got mature in mind at quite a young age"~Hillary Nwoziri

Tasting tear drops (part 2)

Scars (Part 2)

INTERVIEW: I have found the one~JustinMuzik

How to make cucumber paste

Tasting tear drops (part 1)

Diary Series; Miriam's Diary

How to extract aloe vera gel from the plant