FIRST KISS



My first kiss I remembered like it was a minute ago. 
It was terribly fierce, 
It took all of my will
First, I rejected 
But his arms brought my body to the heat of his. 
This was it, his eyes met mine and all I could see was unraveled mysteries 
I took his minty breath in as my oxygen 
And as his lips nearly touched mine,

I closed my eyes slowly to hide my doubting fears. 
My soul was all for it, but my body fought relentlessly. 
His strong arms built like a machine ,relaxed every contraction within my body. 

He was the king of kisses. 
He just needed me in control, 
But I was like an untamed animal
Wanted out of the cage. 
With his hands, he caressed my face
First my lips, to my cheeks, then slowly 
He moved down to my neck and gave me tiny little kisses.
I mourned and all I could whisper was "stop"
But like the king he was
He knew his subject had succumbed. 

He had no mercy now 
He burned down my bridges, 
Melted his burning rage  like butter cake in my mouth 
Like a fool for love I was
I let my defences down 
And showed him all that weren't pretty. 
He pulled my Strings like a Puerto Rican guitarist 
The way he wanted, how he wanted, just the way he liked it
I was his puppet. 

He savored every moment but all I could think was me
Standing in a circle of light surrounded by darkness. 
And I remembered it was a fracted imagination. 
It had never happened. 
In reality the class rep had just announced that the test had been cancelled. 
There were screams of jubilation  and loud murmurings. 
I just smiled,bit my lips and thought 
" how stupid, it was just an ecstatic first kiss"
I sighed,packed my books in my bag and left for home. 
There was another test yet for tomorrow, had to prepare 
And hope I don't reminisce my ecstatic FIRST KISS. 


Model: Miss Joy Ngofaa
Like her on Facebook: Click here

Poem by: Adaobi Akpa
Bio
Miss Adaobi Akpa is a renowned writer, reader, and medical Student. Who loves to translate her imagination into words. 
Check her on Facebook: Click here



Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow!This is lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

The SeeExpiryDate campaign was launched today 1st June 2017

BANANA, PINEAPPLE, MILK AND HONEY SMOOTHIE.

INTERVIEW: "I got mature in mind at quite a young age"~Hillary Nwoziri

Scars (Part 2)

Tasting tear drops (part 2)

INTERVIEW: I have found the one~JustinMuzik

Diary Series; Miriam's Diary

How to make cucumber paste

Tasting tear drops (part 1)

SCARS Part 1