Mask


 Sadness could be found bound behind the mask of a clown.
Something i learnt too early in life.






I am a woman, queen, seen with priceless smile,
I wear the gown and bear the crown,
I comb libraries and also my hair
To look more beauty-fool for that's how i feel.

Because within, i burn, even at dawn,
Full of thoughts that i burn my bread in the oven too.
As a queen, I'm healthy and ready,
Everyone wants to see me happy,
To smile and rule their world.

And sadly, i have ruled out my world,
Hidden in a closet, alone, a lone woman, I cry, I sigh, I die.
I take off my Mask, the marks and scars scare me when i gaze into a mirror. 
The pain in my heart, my hat in my hand. 

My tears, fears for years,, no one cares.
To know how i feel, no one dares.
For I am a happy lady, sappy beauty, hardly worry.
Am funny and rich, they want sum of money and some honey.

Me, a helpless, hapless, hazy Lady.


Poem by: Her Excellency.

Model: Amie Desmond 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTERVIEW: "I got mature in mind at quite a young age"~Hillary Nwoziri

The SeeExpiryDate campaign was launched today 1st June 2017

Scars (Part 2)

Tasting tear drops (part 2)

BANANA, PINEAPPLE, MILK AND HONEY SMOOTHIE.

INTERVIEW: I have found the one~JustinMuzik

Diary Series; Miriam's Diary

How to make cucumber paste

Tasting tear drops (part 1)

SCARS Part 1