Interview; There's more to life than saying 'I do'_Timeyin







Timeyin; a combination of beauty, talent and brain has made wave in the Music Industry following her recent nomination in the BAE award. The essentric Hip Hop rap artiste and BAE award nominee talks about her life as a Pharmacist and musician in an interview with Miss Joy Ngofaa.








Joy Ngofaa: Who is Timeyin?

Tim: Timeyin is an eccentric pharmacist cum HipHop Artiste who believes in the autonomousity of Life.

Joy Ngofaa: I've seen some of your songs like 'Gbemisoke', 'I am a legend' and some others; they are simply splendid. I mean, I look and see great talent.  Your songs have a unique style. What inspires your kind of music?

Tim: Thank you very much. Well! I am basically inspired by my environment and life in general.

Joy Ngofaa: Nice, when did you kick start your musical journey?

Tim: Well! I think I should say when I was six. I remember having my first 'on stage' performance then. My first on stage solo performance was a melodious piece. Then I joined my school choir. I started visiting studios pretty early. But I should say, my professional year started when I rounded up with school, early 2016.

Joy Ngofaa: Did you look at music as something you would do professionally?



Don't miss New Year deals on Jumia.  Shop  at discounted prices. Click to start shopping. 



Tim: Yes! yes I always knew that I wanted to do music as early as primary 5. I was influenced by the Lizzy McGuire movie that year. But then I had issues identifying my sound. I ended up listening to a lot of people and taking a lot of opinions, and that affected my output. It took my last single which turned out to be a hit for me to discover myself and my sound. You're going to be hearing more of it this year.
I am eccentric..let's deal with it.

Joy Ngofaa: How were you able to cope with music and school?

Tim: I literally couldn't. I had to pause everything music, till I wrote my last paper. Then I dropped 'I am legend' which I resumed after school.

Joy Ngofaa: How did your family take your music? Especially since you had to study pharmacy?

Tim: They have been supportive so far,  but then it's still difficult because I am presently doing my internship.

Joy Ngofaa: So why did you choose to study pharmacy?

Tim: I have always been a multi-talented autodidact. When I was at that stage of my life when I had to make a career decision, I didn't know what to go for. I chose medicine. But as you can see, I landed in the realm of drugs and pharmacotherapy. I didn't know there was a course called pharmacy until I got it.

Joy Ngofaa: Tell us about some musical adventures you've had.








Tim: I was nominated in the BAE awards in the 'Best New Female Artiste ' category and voting just entered. Results haven't been published yet, I pray I win. Much love to all those who have voted for me. I once won a top naija music award in Lagos 'Next to stardom' category 2015 abi 2016. I was in South Africa Last year, na music carry me go. My song Gbemisoke has over twelve thousand YouTube views and my fan base has been growing. To me, these are achievements.

Joy Ngofaa: They sure are. Any new or future project?

Tim: Yes; I recently dropped a 'Rap Acapella' piece on YouTube and it's doing so well. I have a project that would come up later this year. 'Sycamore' it's going to be a duo eccentric audio-visual release that would reveal who Timeyin is for real (laughs). My songs always have a message. Trust me, this one's going to be deep.









Joy Ngofaa: I anticipate. Who is your role model in music?

Tim: Its hard to strictly pick one of them, but I have always loved Kanye west, Nicki minaj, and Eminem. In the Nigerian music scene, I dobale for Black Magic and M.I.

Joy Ngofaa: How do you visualize your life 5 years from now?

Tim: I have a very big vision. I can see the duo-release doing so well on I-Tunes, Spotify, Mtnmusicplus and co. I see my subsequent releases going beyond where I can fathom. I see me achieving what would take me 10years to do in this particular year by faith.

Therefore in 5years, Timeyin should be an established artiste with many hits, an M.Pharm degree and possibly a PhD, and of course a fat bank account. All these shall come to fruition by faith in Jesus name.

Joy Ngofaa: How do you intend to combine your musical carrier with pharmacy practice?

Tim: I have never dreamt of working under anyone and I believe being an independent CEO makes everything easier. It wouldn't be so hard to combine.

Joy Ngofaa: That means you intend to go into community practice?

Tim: I definitely would love to own my own pharmacy. It's part of being independent.  But for my personal practice, I would be a part time lecturer. I love teaching, that's the essence of grabbing all these degrees.

Joy Ngofaa: Based on Nigerian culture, once a lady graduates, the next thing people expect is marriage. Do you have that in mind any time soon?




Tim: I have a different mindset all together. I won't say I am too young for that, 21 is pretty old (after all some 18year olds have plenty children) but I would say I am not mentally/psychologically ready for such responsibility. There's more to life than saying 'I do' it's not my prerogative. Anytime soon...No!

Joy Ngofaa: Any final words?

Tim: I just want my fans to know that I have got mad love for them. And I would be a good role model, so that they'll know that societal pressures and environmental factors don't have to determine who they are or how far they go in life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The SeeExpiryDate campaign was launched today 1st June 2017

Scars (Part 2)

BANANA, PINEAPPLE, MILK AND HONEY SMOOTHIE.

INTERVIEW: "I got mature in mind at quite a young age"~Hillary Nwoziri

Tasting tear drops (part 2)

INTERVIEW: I have found the one~JustinMuzik

How to make cucumber paste

Diary Series; Miriam's Diary

Tasting tear drops (part 1)

More